Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crackerberries Kitchen



Breakfast and then some is served right up hot
Join me in cooking; we'll chat and whatnot.

Sausage gravy on top of a biscuit,
Cooked smooth without lumps, I’m sure to whisk it.
 
A side of grits with shredded cheddar cheese;
two poached eggs on toast will surly please.
 
Fresh squeezed orange juice and a plate full of fruit;
piping hot coffee fills the mug up, to boot.
 
Come into my kitchen and pull up a chair,
No clothes do I wear so please try not to stare.
 
I’ll cook you a meal that sure to satisfy,
when lunch rolls around the chicken I’ll fry.
 
Oven hot cornbread and fresh collard greens,
Black-eyed peas and your choice of lima beans
 
Sweet tea and lemonade in a tall glass
Or Vodka spritzer garnished with sassafras.
 
Come into my kitchen and sit right down,
I’ll fix up some lunch I won’t make you frown.
 
Maybe you’d prefer something less filling,
Look, in the fridge, “Oh my!” its pie, chilling.
 
A lemon meringue or maybe key lime;
and strawberry shortcake if you have time.

A hot cup of tea with sugar cookies
Whatever you want, all kinds of goodies.
 
It doesn’t matter in my kitchen you see,
everyone is welcome to come visit me.