Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-1-1 Remember When

9-1-1 something we should never forget.  When people ask if you remember what you were doing when it happened, the chances are good that you do.   

I do too, but I choose to remember better things.



I remember when life was not so hectic
Scrapped knees were bandaged with antiseptic

White picket fences and fresh cut grass
My mind reminisces of things in the past

The feel of the air after a summer rainstorm
A kiss from a boy after junior prom

The smell of puppies’ breath and a red pick-up truck
A walk down memory lane and my mind gets stuck

Canada mints and warm fuzzy socks
A walk on the beach finding treasure in rocks

Drive in movies and high school football games
Weekends spent milking cows with Uncle James

Laying in a meadow of clover was fine
My memory goes back time after time

Rainbows and peepers on a hot summer night
Tractor trailer trucks and puffy clouds of white

A starfish a hummingbird hot apple pie
These are some things that make me sigh

Flip flops and fireflies the whippoorwill song
Memories of the past now long gone

Geese flying over a sunrise in the spring
The scent of a campfire, a rope-tire swing

Finding a handwritten letter in the mailbox
Watching in a field, babies and mama fox

Camping next to a woodstove with a good book
Just one of the things for granted I took

Marshmallows in hot chocolate, eye kisses under a weeping willow tree
When I remember when, these are the things that come to me