Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Friends Forever?



I remember awhile back,
I used to have a very best friend.
She was there to cheer me up 

I thought the friendship would never end. 

Now this term friend I had to ponder
In my mind I let it wander
It’s the unexpected places
In unpredicted faces
Where one will saunter
And a friend that we will find.

When I was young
And in grade school
One friend I had
And thought was cool.

But grade school changed
To junior high
Her parents re-arranged
So I said good-bye.

Another friend came along
And took the place of she,
But it wouldn’t be too long
Before I would finally see
That her motives were all wrong
And she wasn’t a friend to me.

She used me for her personal gain
And took my friendship all in vain
Someone else had more than me
So she moved up in society

One more friend I gave my heart
Love at first sight from the start
But we were young it wasn’t right
He joined the army, gone one night

A lesson hard, a lesson learned
Then in a job a friend I earned
This friend who said that I could trust
Shame on me it was all for lust

I was fired and he moved on
The friends I had were now all gone
Another job I did pursue
Working hard without issue

A different job, more so called friends
Staying late to make amends
It worked out for awhile
But then my friends were in denial

They drained my heart and my soul
Cleaned my thoughts just like a bowl
I had to leave and get away
Who needs a friend anyway?